Monday 22 September 2014

The Plain White T's/ Diana Gabaldon



Moving 5,000 miles, across the Atlantic Ocean, to a country I've never been to has been the most stressful time of my life. Leaving family, friends, my job, my routine, etc. was very difficult. Being a part of the military lifestyle is sometimes hard due to deployments, exercises, long work days, and I'm just married to the military. 

Despite the hardships (they can be overcome), there are so many good things about the military that I enjoy. Lifelong friendships (even if you only get to spend a small time together), housing when needed (although housing isn't always the greatest- so I've heard), opportunity to travel, and little things that they do for military and their families such as providing the commissary, base exchange, and even concerts! 

The Plain White T's
The other week, I was completely run down from in-processing as I'm sure Jacob was too. We heard from our friends that the Plain White T's we're going to be performing for the military! For those that don't know their music, YouTube it RIGHT NOW! The band is going around doing an Armed Forces tour and playing for our military away from home. 

We went with our friends, met some new friends, and really enjoyed the night. I cannot tell you how refreshing it was to just relax and unwind. Afterwards, we got to meet the band and take pictures! They were really awesome! 

Some songs from Plain White T's:
1,2,3,4
Hey There Delilah 
The Giving Tree
The Rhythem of Love
Our Time is Now

Diana Gabaldon

Author of the Outlander series did a USO tour and I was able to get my copy signed as well as a couple other authors.







1 comment:

  1. That vase is so pretty! And the Peacock Tea House sounds like a beautiful place to go and relax and enjoy a cup of tea and a scone. It just is great to hear that you are having such a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your adventure through your blog. I look forward to reading your postings. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete